Week 5 – A Few Words for You

Hey you, whoever it is reading this. I just want to take a moment to say why taking an internship, especially one abroad, you must make a requirement for your college career. Why? Because, about a year ago, realized that I needed to renew my passport-and I almost didn’t. I figured why would I need to? Where could I possibly be going? My dad convinced me and said, “Well you never know what could happen”. And I am so glad I listened to him. Because if I didn’t, I may not be where I am right now. It is my second time out of the country for the second time this year and now I can never regret not traveling abroad during college.

Since I am close to the end of my college career, I was becoming really doubtful that anything could happen-that I couldn’t study abroad or travel because of lack of opportunities or funds. But what I realized is that if you want it that bad, then you will make it happen. Plus you don’t want to go about life regretful of not reaching out for an opportunity and taking it. Sometimes, you just got to make things happen, because who knows what you could be missing out on if you don’t make them happen.

I am more than grateful that I took this internship for these six weeks. I was really weary at first about being even able to go due to finances, but it is all about effort into, again, making these things just happen because in one way or another if you are meant to do something, it will happen-you just got to put the effort in to show how hard you want it.

I’m now looking at the last week of my internship, I’ll get back with more about it next week in my last blog.

-Jessica S.

One thought on “Week 5 – A Few Words for You

Dear Jessica,

I am so happy that you persevered through the difficulties in arranging the funding and logistics to get to Manchester, and that that experience was really meaningful to you! Beyond the internship experience, going abroad alone can help you learn so much about yourself and build confidence in tackling things that seemed impossible even months ago.

Excited to see you when you come back,
    Jenny