How internship has influenced my future #6

At the conclusion of the internship, I have come to realize that I am not interested in being a banker. I determined this about midway through the internship, so it was difficult to maintain enthusiasm for the internship at times, but I spent this time speaking with people from other areas of the bank to learn about other roles which may suit me more, so it was still productive. I don’t regret the experience, it was good to figure out with I like and dislike in a job. I am still interested in the financial markets, I’ve just learned that being a banker doesn’t allow me to interact with them in a way I’d rather do so. Additionally, I’ve come to realize that I’m less interested I’d prefer a less rigid culture and a role where I can have more autonomy.

All in all, the internship was still a good experience because it allows me to approach my future job searches with a clearer picture of what I want and what I am looking for. I now better understand what sorts of questions to ask others in various industries to determine what will be a better fit.