An Open Door | #5

After shipping boxes, packing suitcases, and a long flight delay, I’m home at last and finally have time to reflect on my summer, specifically my internship. Overall, it was an incredible summer and I’m so grateful I was able to spend it working at a great company with even better people. I’m also so happy I had the chance to live in NYC for the summer as a test-run to see how I’d like it, and I’m even happier to say I loved it.

In my last post I mentioned I had a few interviews for a full-time position at News America, and I’m so excited to announce that I received the offer! It’s so crazy to think about my life after UMich but unfortunately, as a rising senior, it’s more of a reality than a distant thought. It’s also crazy to think that without this internship this summer, there would be no offer and my future could be drastically different than it is now. I’m still looking over all of the details, but I think I’m leaning towards taking it! I do need to decide quickly though–the deadline is by the end of the day tomorrow!

Although this summer has been an amazing opportunity and even potentially opened the door to my post-graduation career, it’s been nice to be at home and to be able to relax for a bit before I head back to Ann Arbor for the next eight months–despite the fact that I’m still essentially living out of my suitcases. I can’t wait to finally unpack for good–hopefully in my new home in NYC next year!