Last Day at Internship

I am writing this in the last hour of my 480 hour internship! It’s been such a great experience and I am sad to leave. I have become friends with some great folks and I had the opportunity to check out the city of Boston. I collaborated with my fellow interns and I bonded with some of the employees. It’s great that this experience is ending so close to the time I go back to school so my level of excitement stays high!

I learned so much about what I want to do in my future. I was scared about working at a company but I now realize that companies can be ok sometimes! They can even be great! Especially when it’s a mission driven company like WegoWise. As long as I’m doing something that I care about and I’m surrounded by great people then I’ll be happy. I learned a whole lot about personal sustainability in a way that I hadn’t thought about before. I realized that one can be normal/cool and embrace saving the planet. My friends here wear really nice clothing but they’d always buy it second hand. Also since I started here the company has created a sustainability plan for the office’s consumption. The ideas the employees have come up with have got me thinking about ideas that I can bring back to campus. A college campus is a great place to start out an idea. I am thinking of a whole new project to start once I get back to Ann Arbor based on a few ideas I’ve collected here at this internship. So look out for some hopeful new sustainability projects!

Tansy

Biology and Environment major at the University of Michigan. Boston --> Ann Arbor --> Piran, Slovenia. I <3 sailing, backpacking, theater, and baking.

One thought on “Last Day at Internship

Tansy,
    Congratulations on wrapping up! It’s clear that you’ve gained so much through your experience, and that through your reflections, have really pushed yourself to identify the skills you’ve gained and built.

Endings can be bittersweet — yay that it’s done, and also sad to leave a city you’ve been able to explore and company that you really connected with! I’m glad that your excitement for returning to Ann Arbor will continue your drive and next steps.

I can’t wait to see what you bring back to campus!! It’s awesome to see how you’re connecting your summer work with sustainability to your studies and interests. I especially loved your line, “I realized that one can be normal/cool and embrace saving the planet.” You identified one challenge to overcome in marketing ideas to campus – and ideas on how to respond!

Hope to see you at the Hub this fall!
    Thanks,
    Beth