Final Thoughts | #6

I never thought I’d be able to sit still in one area for a prolonged amount of time doing the same thing over and over again. The fact that I was able to stick to something for so long-and learn so much from it-is an extremely gratifying feeling. I’m glad I experienced an office-type job before I graduate.

I don’t know if i’d be able to go the traditional 9-5 route in the future. I loved the work that I did, but in order to be truly comfortable and work better I would want to be in a bigger space with a larger staff. I tend to get anxious in smaller spaces. I don’t know where i’ll be heading in the future, but I do have a better idea.

One thought on “Final Thoughts | #6

Hi Azhar – Congratulations on wrapping up your summer internship! From your posts, it certainly sounds like it was an experience from which you learned and grew – both professionally and personally. We often say that internships are, of course, incredibly value for a number of reasons, but one of the most incredible things one can takeaway is learning what the do not want out of a future career experience. It sounds like your internship helped you identify and understand the type of work setting you are interested in exploring in the future. And, the good news is that work environments throughout the world are changing and evolving. As you return to campus before the school year begins, I encourage you to consider coming in to the Hub. As you may already know, the career coaches here are incredible resources. A coach could help you think about how you take what you’ve learned and create a strategy for identify and exploring some next steps, whatever those may be. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the last weekend before classes, and I wish you all the best in your future!