Officially Done

It feels really odd for the summer to be over. I honestly can’t believe I made it out. This was a very exhausting and stressful summer to be honest and although there of course were some good moments I’m not sure how it was overall. In retrospect I’m proud of myself for finishing and working hard every step of the way. I have had to really think about what I want to do. Thankfully from this internship I know I couldn’t do research forever.  Although this experience wasn’t one that I’ll take away thinking, this is what I want to do forever, it taught me so much about myself and what I need in a job or career or field to thrive. If I hadn’t had this internship I genuinely think I would’ve gone to grad school to get my PhD because I don’t know what else to do. I think I would’ve really regretted that. These next two weeks I’m completely taking for me to reset and evaluate and plan this next year and my next steps forward after graduation. This summer was hard but I do feel that I have grown in numerous ways and it wouldn’t have been possible without the internship I had, the scholarship I received, so I could stay in Ann Arbor.