The Homestretch | #5

Only one week left and I feel like I’m in the 9th inning of a baseball game that’s tied but it’s pouring rain. I want the game to end because it’s raining and I’m all wet, but I want to stay to see who wins.

In reality, it’s very sunny in Chicago and David Bote just hit a walkoff grand-slam to help the Cubs beat the Nats last week. I like living here and working at my company and will miss it a little when I go home. But I am exhausted and want to see my friends, so I don’t know how much I’ll miss it. I think I am ready to go back to school. Yesterday, I completed over 4 hours of interviews for my full time offer. Although I like this company, I was very displeased with the interview process. I’ve worked here for 9 weeks. I shouldn’t have to interview for that long. I still have to complete another online assessment and give a presentation in front of a large group which seems like way overkill in my mind. I want to get the job but this interview process has made me less enthusiastic.

I only have a few more projects to wrap up before the end of the Summer and I will be happy when those are finished. I can’t thank everyone on my team enough as each one of them has helped me or answered one of my questions at some point. I’ve learned so much in such a short period of time. I will miss being able to work right next to such smart people all day.

I will also miss the free drinks and bagels. After working here, I have sufficiently developed a dependency on caffeine, coffee specifically. I didn’t really drink that much coffee before coming here mainly because I didn’t want to spend money on it and it’s sometimes a hassle to make. But when there are fancy espresso machines on every floor, it’s hard not to take advantage of that.  As I finish up this post, it is my last free bagel Wednesday. Luckily for me, I still have a whole year of welcome wednesdays at the alumni center.