Weeks VIIII and X

I’m done! Bless the gods what a summer! My final presentation was in front of 20 people in St. Louis, 10 executives in New York City, 2 in London, 5 in Canada and some other places I couldn’t even process while sitting there with an insane amount of body odor waiting my turn in the 6 hour overview. Some highlights of the summer included: speaking to women and understanding what it is like to work in a company like AB and where they need to go to be progressive, getting to know my two friends on AB marketing for Michelob Ultra and Budweiser, finding mentors within the company to look out for my status, and getting to know the other interns with different backgrounds and qualifications than me!

I received a return offer from AB that expires in 2 weeks! Will I take it ? I think so…to have a full time job before my senior year begins is a blessing but my certainty of taking this job and doing corporate America is not exciting to me– the things I could do with friends and family with my large and substantial pay check seem to make it right now other parts do not align with my being. I will find my way but this summer has taught me that there is more to life than America’s best lager and that is dependent upon who you are sharing it with.

Thank you and signing off!

Mira

One thought on “Weeks VIIII and X

I am glad that you had a productive summer at your internship–and how exciting that you received a return offer for next year! It sounds like you’re not particularly excited about working for AB long-term, and that’s OK! Sometimes it’s just about getting that first step settled for yourself, but it’s also important to think seriously about what you want out of your career and decide if AB is going to be able to take you to the point that you want to reach. Either way, I know it will work out for you!