#1 Michigan Immigrant Rights Center

I have been working at the Michigan Immigrant Rights Center since June of this year. I wanted to work at this organization because I am passionate about immigrant rights. I was drawn to this internship because I want to work with these communities in my future career and I have an interest in law and social justice.

Telana K

Student at Umich.

4 thoughts on “#1 Michigan Immigrant Rights Center

Hi Telana! My name is Maggie Davidson and I am a Data and Systems Analyst at the LSA Opportunity Hub. I, along with Hub Intern Vishal, will be following along with your blogs this summer! Looking forward to learning about your internship experience!

• September 1, 2018 at 9:22 am

I just finished my last post. ( :

Hi Telana,

I am Vishal, a student intern here at the LSA Opportunity Hub. I am excited to read your experiences throughout your internship, Telana!

It is amazing that you are able to connect your interests and work in a organization that would help you immensely in pursuing your future goal of working with immigrant population! Do you think this experience has led you to have a better understanding of your interests and the skills that you would need for your future goals, or specific kind of work that really interests you?

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Best,
    Vishal

• September 1, 2018 at 9:21 am

Hi Vishal,

Yes this internship has shown me what skills I need to build and affirmed that this will be the correct career path for me. It is funny you ask because I just wrote a whole another post about this exact question. From this internship I learned that law school may not be the right path for me and that social work might be a better fit. It has also become very clear that I need to learn another language to better be able to help people.

Best,

Tela