#1 Before my internship at AIG

This summer, I will be interning in AIG Atlanta Office, as a summer actuarial intern. Below is the structure of this internship:

“After initial orientation, summer interns will join one of our business lines, each of which offers a unique opportunity to obtain core technical knowledge and professional skills in a diverse and global environment. In addition to the experience acquired on the job, summer interns have the opportunity to learn directly from senior management and participate in webinars, discussion forums, and networking receptions. Summer interns establish goals with their managers during the first week, and the goals are measured at the mid and end points of the summer.  Successful summer interns may be considered for full-time analyst positions to begin summer of 2019.”

Basically, we will first have a 3-day training in NYC, and then start working in the assigned office. For actuarial interns, there are NYC, Boston and Atlanta offices. After that we will fly back to our offices, and start working in different business lines.

I actually have some goals to achieve:

1. I hope to make at least 30 connections during my time at AIG. I would like to talk to as many people as I can,  and it could be actuaries, underwriters, senior executives and claim professionals.

2. I want to make some impact at AIG, leveraging my coding skills to automate everything I can to increase the efficiency and accuracy.

That’s it for my first blog. See you next week!

qishenxu

Originally from Shanghai, China, who spent couple years in San Pedro Sula, Honduras, Macau, and the USA, I will be an Actuarial Consulting intern at Milliman's Chicago Health Practice for Summer 2017.