#2 First week of my internship

It’s been a great first week! I have been in New York City for 3 days for the training, and it was fantastic.

• Learned a lot on personal brand, networking, professionalism, insurance industry and so on.
  • Lived in a luxury hotel for 3 nights ($400+/night)
  • Good dinner budget ($50)
  • Made a lot of great friends around U.S. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help

After the training, I flied back to Atlanta for my first day.

The first day at Atlanta office was exciting.

• Had an intern breakfast session, and met our manager and navigators for the first time.
  • Got my working laptop and setting up all the softwares that I need.
  • Navigators showed us around the office, introduced us to colleagues and some infrastructures in the buildings. It was a beautiful office!
  • We had a team lunch in a fancy restaurant, and we had a great conversation.
  • Got a technical training right after the lunch. I got to learn about how to query data from a tool called SandBox.
  • Worked out at the gym nearby
  • Had some great food with friends in Atlanta.

So, basically, this internship was quite similar to my former internship. I felt that I got treated well by AIG, like a treasure, especially the food and training was a pleasure.

That’s it for my first week. See you next week!

qishenxu

Originally from Shanghai, China, who spent couple years in San Pedro Sula, Honduras, Macau, and the USA, I will be an Actuarial Consulting intern at Milliman's Chicago Health Practice for Summer 2017.