Basically, I have met some great local people, mostly in the gym. A great takeaways is that “Rather be lucky than smart”/”Talk to people around you, get lucky!” I have been in Atlanta for about 3 weeks, and these are the people I met:
- An engineer/R&B singer/bodybuilder who worked nearby. He was very knowledgeable, and philosophical. He looks like 25, but he is actually 40 years old.
- A Chief Engineer, undergrad at MIT, and MBA at Georgia Tech. He was a great gentleman, and we grabbed some nice food together. He was very smart and experienced, so I have learned a lot about how engineering company works.
- A UPS manager, who is a huge technology fan. Undergrad at Georgia Tech. We met each other in the gym.
- A strategy consultant at IBM
- Medical Doctor, UM Alum
- AIG colleague/Professional Photographer. He inspired me to step into professional photography. I will go on a photo shooting section with him next week.
- Psychologist, UM Alum
Therefore, it’s amazing to talk to someone next to you in the gym/office/restaurant. Who knows who you will run into?