Blue World Institute| #5

My two main jobs was photo identification and data collection (coordinates, behavior). In the beginning of my internship I was unaware of the correlation between photo identification and data collection. However, during  the last week of my internship I used the data collected to create an analysis of every identified dolphin’s movement using r graph. Making the graphs was one of my favorite parts of the internship because I was able to see how  my work in photo identification correlates with my work in data collection. The r graphs also gave me a better understanding of how my work plays in dolphin conservation. The r graphs are given to the Adriatic Dolphin Project, where  they are studied and used  create conservation strategies that can be implemented in Natura 2000. The research done at Blue World Institute can be used to inform policy changes in the future. 

One thought on “Blue World Institute| #5

It sounds like using the r graphs was a valuable experience for you during your internship. That’s fantastic! One element of this that I’d encourage you to reflect on now that your internship is over is how you might want to use these skills in the future. Maybe there’s a way to apply them to one of your courses this upcoming year? Maybe you can put this skill on your resume in some way? Being mindful of how you plan to use a skill in the future can really help you clarify how you want to present yourself professionally going forward.