Final Thoughts | #6

As my internship comes to a close, and I am able to look back on when I first started, I am happy to say that the knowledge I have amassed while participating in this internship this summer will stick with me throughout my upcoming days as a professional.

I have learned that you have to be compassionate and kind while working with people, especially children. That when you take in other people’s stories, you should try to see things from their point of view without any interference from your own views or thoughts. As previously stated, it is important to be an active listener and an active emotional provider…something I will keep in mind after I am finished this internship.

One thought on “Final Thoughts | #6

Hi De’sia! My name is Jake Albers with the Opportunity Hub. I have read your blogs from the summer and want to provide a little feedback on your experience. Thank you for sharing over the course of your internship.

I am glad to hear that your internship at Penrose captures not only your educational interests, but also your experience being a part of a large family. It looks to me like they had you hitting the ground running as you were interacting with children week one!

Thank you for sharing the ABC’s of Child Behavior. It’s great for me to learn about professions that are outside of my area of expertise. It was great to have heard from you that through week 2 the internship met your expectations in terms of learning.

Reading through week 3 I noticed that you were able to really apply your psychology education into the workforce. That is amazing! I wonder how much of your internship experience can be applied to the classroom this fall and beyond. I hope that you consider that as you progress toward your degree. I also liked your take during week 4 on being a good foundation for children, that is great advice for anyone looking to get into a similar field.

Overall, thank you for sharing stories about your experience at Penrose. Your words (and the pictures!) really painted a vivid picture of your internship. I am so glad to hear about what you have learned over the summer and I hope that the experience will help you both in the classroom and as you consider a career path beyond college. – Jake