Saying Goodbye | #6

I just finished my internship, and I have to say it has been a whirlwind summer. I went in expecting to learn more about development, but not realizing just how impactful the experience would be. While I learned a lot from the work and the curriculum of D-SIP’s Friday classes, the real growth I experienced came thanks to the people. Between the other interns in my cohort, the teaching team, and my team in the Office of Planned Giving, I was surrounded by encouraging, uplifting, and dedicated people who constantly pushed me to lean in to my discomfort and uncertainties and dig deeper into the work ahead.

I am leaving this program with a deeper understanding and appreciation for development and planned giving, but also a deeper understanding of myself. I understand more about who I am and what I want in life, and I feel better prepared to identify and pursue the opportunities that will most support my thriving.

The most humbling thing I’m realizing as I say goodbye to this summer, is that I have gained lifelong friends whom I never would have met had I not taken a chance on this internship program. My professional and personal growth has been tremendous, but the true impact of this summer is felt most in my heart and the warmth and support I have felt.  For that, I will be forever grateful.