Favorite Experience

My favorite experience is yet to come (ideally our win on election night), but steps along the way to get there are incredibly important. As the cliche goes, it is not about the destination but about the journey. I recall one evening when our team (at the time smaller than it is now) was at someone’s house playing board games. It had been a long week and I think we were all appreciate of the short break. By the end of the night, we were all laughing so hard we were crying, and I finally had the feeling that we were a family. A political family, filled with ups and downs and disagreements and triumphs, but a family nonetheless. Identifying with the people you work with can help to create a team atmosphere that empowers one other to perform at their best. I was reminded of how campaigns build community and help to create the next generation of leaders. Perhaps part of the reason why this was my favorite moment was because of how simple it was – through all the stress, worry, hard work, and hours spent in the office, we could all come together and have a good time. It is these gems along the campaign trail that help to make us stronger.