End of Internship; Final Takeaways

Advice I would give to someone planning to do an internship in this career field would be to ask a lot of questions, take a lot of notes and to really pay attention to what is being taught, each task that is given and really take the time out to learn the material. My favorite experience was going to the Washtenaw county courthouse and listening to hearings. I had never been in a courthouse before so it was a new and fun experience for me. I would say I’ve grown while being at this internship in a lot of different ways, at first it was just an internship to gain experience, but it had turned into so much more than that and I’m very thankful for this opportunity. This internship has influenced my career and life plans as it has really given me a better perspective on what I would like to achieve in life.

One thought on “End of Internship; Final Takeaways

Tiana,

I am so glad to hear that this internship had such an impact on you and your professional goals! I think it is absolutely incredible you felt so welcomed and supported by your supervisor.

Now that your internship is over, it may be good to stay in touch with your mentors at the company to get continual support while searching for potential jobs and searching for law schools! But I also think it may be beneficial to reflect on good and bad aspects of your internship and how it they link with your professional goals. Reflecting helps you to develop your skills and review their effectiveness, rather than just carry on doing things as you have always done them.

But once again, I am so excited for you in hearing your internship wasn’t exactly what you expected, but maybe exactly what you needed to become passionate about law. I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

-Shaina