6. Reflections

As my time here in the San Francisco District Office comes to an end, I feel incredibly grateful. I’m happy that I decided to take this opportunity over other offers despite the risks that came with it. I’m in awe of the kind of work the staffers do to serve the constituents of this district and of the genuine love they have for helping people. I’m sad to say goodbye to some of the best people I’ve met in recent years, but I feel lucky that we got so close in such a short amount of time. Looking back on my time here, I learned that I definitely want to continue doing this kind of work and serving people, especially under-resourced and under-represented communities. I also learned that I do not want a political career; being in the public eye seems exhausting and irritating. I definitely want an international career, though, and I want to be surrounded by similar people to this office: genuine, kind, patient, and motivated to help people and seek justice. I think all these are qualities that good leaders have, and I can confidently say that I learned a lot about good leadership in this office this summer.