Blog Post one

5/6/2018

The summer portion of my internship with Gretchen Driskell’s campaign for congress has just started. I have been interning on this campaign since September 2017, but I am hoping that now that the summer part of the internship is here I will get to participate and help this campaign in ways I was unable to during the school year, now that I have more free time. I expect to spend more time in the campaign office working with some of the new finance staff and other interns. Now that it is summer and getting closer to the primary, I am expecting our field program to ramp up and have an expectation that I will be knocking doors through out the district to talk about Gretchen and her campaign with voters. Another expectation I have is doing more research on donors and helping with call time, where the candidate calls donors personally to talk to them about our race. One of my goals is to get to know more about the district specifically and what issues people care about, and I think I will learn more about that by knocking doors and talking to voters. Another goal I have is to learn more about what it takes to run a successful finance program on a campaign, since this is work that I would like to continue after graduation at a higher level. I look forward to my work on this campaign this summer and to hopefully learn and experience a lot!