Collaboration and Teamwork | Working for a Non-Profit #5

One of the best advantages and privileges of working for a non-profit is getting to work with people from around the world. Being able to work efficiently with your team members maintains a healthy work environment. In our upcoming event in Houston, we are dividing the team tasks among 12 people. We discussed dividing the work into two shifts, but everyone is volunteering to work extra hard, and offering to work both shifts. Every single person here offers new ideas, skills, and perceptions, and it is essential to assign the right person for the right task that suites their abilities. We have people with great communication skills, financial management, planning, and creating. To have a successful event, we are planning on collaborating to take advantage of each other’s strengths and abilities. I want to push myself to step out of my comfort zone to explore new ideas. I am planning on pursuing a career in technology in the future, so I am using this opportunity to come up with innovative suggestions for our projects. The 3d VR project they used in the past convention was a successful resource, and I would love to take their project to the next level.

3 thoughts on “Collaboration and Teamwork | Working for a Non-Profit #5

Abrar, I loved this post on using strengths for the betterment of the team. Were you able to take that VR project to the next level? What a cool opportunity for you.

As you think about strengths, I’m curious if you’ve ever heard of StrengthsFinder? It’s a research-based inventory of your top strengths from the Gallup organization. Their research shows that if people put time and energy into honing what they’re already naturally talented at, it will pay off tenfold over working on things that you do not have a natural aptitude for. You can take the inventory through the University Career Center for a nominal fee. It’s one of my absolute favorite tools to use with my team in the workplace, and it sounds like it might resonate with you too.

Thank you Ms Hannah, I have never heard of StrengthsFinder before, and it actually sounds very interesting! I will check it out the next time I visit the career center. We are still working on developing the project, and I will talk about our current progress in the next and final post.