DC Musts | Post #5

Although I knew that most of my summer would be spent focused on my internship, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to explore DC! Here’s a list of some of my favorite places and activities in the city this summer.

1. Jazz in the Garden. Happening every Friday evenings, this was a great place to go after work with the other interne in my office to admire music and art, and enjoy the last bit of sun for the day before heading into the weekend!
  2. National Museum of African American History and Culture. By far my favorite museum in DC. This museum was so well done with each bit of information and exhibit presented being done so intentionally. The stories told were so compelling that I had to visit twice to make sure I covered everything!
  3. Le Diplomate. One of the best brunches I had this summer, and trust me, I ate a lot of brunch! This place was a great date spot and makes you feel like you’re in France.
  4. Of course, all the monuments! Each one is unique and has a story to be told. Whether it’s day or night time, the monuments are a great sight to see. My top recommendation would be to walk around the entire Tidal Basin, especially on a sunny day!