Post #6

I have grown a lot in my time management skills. I had to meet deadlines consistently throughout the summer and didn’t have much time to spare. It was helpful to be able to set timers while I did work, plan a week in advance, and use Google calendar to help organize my events. For example, I was better able to execute my lesson plans in a timely manner by setting timers for each activity and each part of my powerpoint rather than trying to adjust accordingly throughout the whole lesson. I was also able to develop my time management skills by having different types of deadlines- some would be by the end of a teaching block, the others at the end of the summer. This helped me learn to space out my time and work effectively.

One thought on “Post #6

Congratulations, Matt, on completing your summer internship! From your reflection posts, it sounds like you had some experiences that challenged you both personally and professionally. You were able to take some risks that put you outside of your comfort zone, and you shared some really tangible learnings about how to manage your time and how to learn and adapt your ideas in the moment. I hope you carry these lessons with you as your embark upon your next steps – whatever those may be. As you prepare to return to campus, I encourage you to consider coming in to the Hub. You can meet with one of our awesome career coaches. They are incredible resources for helping you to think how to articulate your experience and your skills onto your resume, and they can help you in crafting a strategy for developing your next steps. In the meantime, enjoy your last weekend before classes begin. I wish you all the best in your future!