The End | Post #6

How has this internship influenced your (near) future school, career, or life plans?

Going into this summer, I thought I had it all figured out. I was set on pursuing a career in public service right after college for a few years then would go to law school. After my experience in DC, this certainty was shattered, and I learned to be okay with it.

At my internship, I got to work in the media industry on a large scale for the first time ever. From staffing interviews to managing social media, I quickly adapted to the fast paced nature of the Communications team. I enjoyed this type of work and really felt like my contributions were furthering our organizations mission.

The more comfortable I became with my work, the more I enjoyed it and eventually began seriously considering pursuing a media related career. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that working with news outlets isn’t just limited to journalism. I also found encouragement, support, and guidance from my colleagues and mentors. Through this experience, I learned that I don’t have to have every step of the way planned out and that’s okay! I feel more confident in exploring more about the industry and finding a field of work I genuinely enjoy.