Constantly Learning

Through my time at Clean Water Action, I have learned to be confident, more assertive, and am able to take rejection much easier than I was before. I have also learned that the world is forever changing and no one person is the exact same. Canvassing can be challenging because there are nice people, but there can also very rude people at the door. Working this job has sharpened my communication skills and ability to read people’s body l language and tone of voice, but as I mentioned in my last post, it has enhanced my ability to connect with others. Every person is different and there is no textbook answer on how to communicate with every type of person.

One thought on “Constantly Learning

• September 4, 2018 at 1:53 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this summer! I am so glad to hear that you were able to build so many critical professional skills over the summer. Specifically, I am happy that you gained the confidence to talk to complete strangers, the assertiveness to state the importance of CWA’s mission, and the communication skills to effectively articulate the mission. It can be extremely challenge to do canvassing work; but your level of preparedness really seemed to help you establish connections with your audience.

Overall, it seems to me that your internship with CWA helped you gain vital professional development skills in which you can take with you long into the future. I hope that the experience proved valuable for you. Have a great academic year and beyond! – Jake