Final Weeks of My Internship

As my internship draws to a close, I am sad but also excited to apply my new experience in my next endeavor. The feeling is bittersweet. I have met so many incredible people on this trip that I am so sad to leave them. I will miss the new friends I’ve made. Because of them my experience was truest incredible. I was able to experience an authentic Warsaw. I did see the the touristy monuments, but also really enjoyed the local scenes the people of Warsaw enjoy. As for my internship, I will also miss my co-workers. They have been so incredible, but I wish I had been better at my internship. I worked as hard as I could and did the best that I could, but I felt as if I could have been better. My bosses were extremely understanding, but I think my nerves got the better of me. I often found myself to be extremely nervous around my bosses. Although their criticism was always constructive I have a lot I need to work on. I also found that I was very forgetful when it came to tasks. Going forward I will work on several things. First off I will come up with a system for remembering all of the things I need to do when I preform specific tasks such as publishing or translating. I think writing down the steps in a notebook would really help me. I also need to get better at editing my own work. At U of M I am able to have my work edited, but at work editing was my responsibility. Overall I’ve had a good experience, but I wish I would have had the forethought and knowledge to be more prepared. I only hope that I will be invited to come back in the future because I would love to come back and work for culture.pl at some point in the future.