My Time at “The Storiers” | #6

In conclusion, my time with the Storiers was bittersweet. Although I did not feel too comfortable with the way I was treated in various instances, I would be lying if I said I did not gain some very worthwhile experiences. This internship has taught me to persevere through difficult situations, as well as giving me the ability to flesh out my ideas into something presentable. With these new editing and storytelling skills, I feel fully capable of embracing my new major as well as the new projects that I have in store. I now feel more confident in the direction of my professional career.

One thought on “My Time at “The Storiers” | #6

Hi Christopher, my name is Peyton and I am an intern at the Hub. I will be following your blog and have enjoyed reading about your experience as a video production intern. It is great that the work aspect of your internship is going well, but it can be difficult to navigate a tough social situation in the workplace. It is important that you are happy and comfortable in your work environment. In a situation like this, it is important that you advocate for yourself. Although it may be difficult to address a change you need in the workplace, it is important so you do not feel like an office nickname is interfering with your professional growth. I am glad that you have learned from your internship and persevere through difficult situations.