Reflections…

Since my internship ended on August 23rd, I’ve been reflecting on my experiences there. It’s been a weird transition back to school since everything happened so fast. After my last day, I did two long days of catering to make some money before I go back to Ann Arbor. I left Boston on Monday and had a quick forty-eight hours at home before moving into school. It’s funny to go straight to school from working full time. I didn’t realize how much I thought about my internship outside of work until I didn’t have to think about it anymore! Even though I didn’t actually ‘take my work home’ in the sense that I never did work outside of the office, I was often talking about and worrying about and thinking about my internship. I was also there for three whole months, which in retrospect feels like a very long time. I’m so glad that I did the internship, since it’s already opened so many doors for me. I feel so much more comfortable cold-calling people and cold-emailing people since my internship, and I also have so much more confidence in my skills as a writer and communicator. I’m not sure what I’m going to do next summer or if I will do another internship during college, but I’m so grateful for all the things I learned and experiences I had at the Brigham this summer. As I go into the school year, I’m sure I will continue to think about the Brigham, but in a different way—I think that I will keep using the skills I’ve acquired.