Discover Split

My first summer internship was located in the beautiful city of Split, Croatia. I was a content creator for the Tourist Board of Split. My responsibilities included: taking photographs, creating videos, writing articles, and maintaining the project’s website and social media. The project, called Discover Split, was managed by the Economics Department at the University of Split with the goal of promoting sustainable development in Croatia. My team consisted of two other talented individuals, one of which is named Daria. She is a student of Lomonosov Moscow University in Russia, with experience in documentary video production. The other is Waisan, a student from the Chinese University of Hong Kong studying global communications. Our project showed foreign travelers exploring and discovering the city for the first time. I chose this project because it allowed me to travel and explore all over Croatia while doing meaningful work and capturing beautiful places. I learned so much about Croatian cuisine, culture, as well as the language. My project was unique and allowed me to express myself creatively. I traveled to cities such as Dubrovnik, Zadar, Osijek, Krka, and Trogir. For six weeks, I lived next to a small piece of paradise. It was a dream come true!