End of Summer | Post 6

The end of the summer is here, but the work isn’t finished. It’s not surprising- if there is anything I’ve learned about research, it’s that no matter how much you get done there is twice as much still left to do. Fortunately, I’ll still be able to work in the lab during the school year- but of course, not nearly as much. It’ll be frustrating, because I already felt like there wasn’t enough time in lab, and I’ll have less than a third of the time each week while I have classes to attend. Hopefully it won’t slow the work too much- I’m not the only person on the project. It’ll probably just mean that I pick up projects others have planned, instead of planning and executing my own. It was a great experience though- working full-time in a lab is far different than squeezing time in between classes, and taught me a lot about time management and life balance.

One thought on “End of Summer | Post 6

Aaron,

I am so glad to hear that this internship had such an impact on you! I think it is absolutely incredible you felt so welcomed and supported by your work community and are excited to continue your work in the lab.

Now that your internship is over, I think it may be beneficial to reflect on good and bad aspects of your internship and how it they link with your professional goals. Reflecting helps you to develop your skills and review their effectiveness, rather than just carry on doing things as you have always done them.

While your hours are going to be limited during the school year, it may be worth discussing with your supervisor if you can still help plan projects as it seems you enjoyed this during the summer.

But once again, I am so excited for you in hearing your internship experience was great! I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

-Shaina