#6 End of Internship

Before my internship started I wish I knew more about ambulance services and the duties of paramedics and EMTs. I occasionally felt disconnected from some experiences because I was not as knowledgeable about things as others I worked with were. However, my favorite part was definitely the new people that I met and the connections that I made. I enjoyed hearing and learning about other’s experiences and what they do every day for their jobs. I also really liked working with different communities. Before starting my internship I was never really interested in community engagement, but now I really enjoy reaching out and doing events for kids.

Likewise, working with kids has also helped me to decide that it is something that I can see myself doing in the future. One of my first jobs was as a daycare supervisor, but it has been a while since I have worked with kids. After my internship with Emergent Health Partners, I have reconciled my appreciation for working with kids again.

My communication skills between adults and children have been strengthened through the duration of my internship. Likewise, my teaching abilities in small groups has also significantly grown. Teaching/talking in front of people has always been one of my weaknesses, so I am glad I was able to step out of my comfort zone in order to grow. I am excited to see where the experience with Emergent Health Partners will take my in my short-term and long-term goals.