My Final Internship Reflections

Interning has allowed me to learn so much about myself. Being the first in my family to go to college, I didn’t expect that I could end up working in amazing places such a the Human Rights Campaign and Google. I’ve learned that being proactive, ambitious, and a little risky will in result in life-changing outcomes. I have seen myself more empowered to  leading my life with a “yes”, a mindset that encourage myself to say yes to most opportunities with the assumption that they will turn out great, and if they don’t that I have the capacity to deal with the outcome.

I’ve learned to be my own advocate when I am uncomfortable, which is such an important skill that I know I am going to need. I’ve become so thankful for the abundant resources and networks that the University of Michigan invests in its students to make all of our most wildest professional dreams a reality.

I don’t know where I’m going next, but I know it will be amazing. I believe this for all of us students trying to reach our goals, as this is only the beginning of a long and beautiful journey.

Na'kia

Na'kia is a student at the University of Michigan pursuing a BA in Organizational Studies and a BA in International Studies. She is heavily involved in the Michigan Daily as a Senior Editor of the section Michigan in Color. When she's not editing her LinkedIn, creating fun to-do lists, or reading about Google, you can find her reading poetry, meeting new and interesting people, listening to comedy podcasts, and chasing her cat.