Let’s Get Started!

Over Fall Break this coming weekend, I will be participating in an internship program through the university. This isn’t something I’ve done before, so it’ll be a great opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and try something new!

I have a few goals for the Flash Internship (3 Days in Nonprofits). I want to learn more about nonprofit organizations and the arts so that I can apply this knowledge to future projects, jobs, and opportunities. I want to see how these organizations work to support the community as well as themselves. I hope to learn more about the influence the arts can have on people and how organizations can better tailor their system to include more groups of people. By the end of this experience, I want to be able to think more critically about how to present myself and my future work in more accessible ways while considering the possible responses it could bring.

I’m not sure what my expectations for the internship are. I’ve never really done anything like this, so I’m excited to come in with an open mind and learn whatever I can. I’m sure that it will be an amazing experience and opportunity to connect with the professional nonprofit sector that will hopefully enlighten me to the benefit of my future career. I’m also especially excited to work with the orchestra, as I’m a bit of a music nerd but I’ve never been able to go. I can’t wait to get started!