DSO/MOCAD Flash Internship!

What goals and expectations do you have for the Flash Internship? What are you hoping to learn from this experience?

Art has always been a part of my life, however, I have never had the opportunity to explore a real career in the arts. I am especially excited to help design an exhibit with my creative teammates. I hope to work in the visual arts so curating is a definite interest of mine. I am curious to see whether that would be a career path I could enjoy. MOCAD values community outreach programs so I couldn’t imagine a better place to put together an exhibit.

I have very little marketing experience, so the DSO branding project is a place I’m hoping to learn from my cohort. I can’t wait to see how they approach branding in a new community and see how that will influence my own thinking. I am a recently acquired classical music fan so I will definitely be going into the DSO portion of the internship with fresh eyes. I am also particularly passionate about giving children access to the arts, allowing them to find a passion! Hopefully the work I do on this project can help some kids discover their love for music and bring them to the DSO.

Ultimately, I’m hoping to see whether working in an established museum or symphony is a place I would want to work. And if so, in what capacity. These projects will also allow me to work on a team in a more professional environment than I have in the past. Working on a project with fellow interns is a very different experience from volunteer projects or group projects in a class. I see group projects as an excellent way to learn, both new skills and just to meet new people.