Please blog once a week during your internship and select a topic from one of the categories below (as appropriate for the timing of your internship).
If you are in multiple Hub programs, please combine prompts from each program for your weekly reflection.
Beginning of your internship:
- Tell us about your internship and what drew you to this specific opportunity.
- What goals and expectations do you have for your internship? What are you hoping to learn from this experience?
- What opportunities and challenges do you foresee your internship presenting?
First few weeks:
- How has your internship differed from your beginning expectations? How has it been similar? Has anything surprised you about your internship?
- Have you met any interesting locals? If yes, what were they like? If no, how do you hope to engage within the local community?
- Whoops! Talk about your first mess-up in your internship and how you resolved the issue.
Halfway point → end:
- We all have many individual identities (personality, hobbies, etc.) and group identities (race/ethnicity, class, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, religious/political affiliations). Please reflect on a part of your identity that you are seeing or feeling in a different light.
- Describe your home away from home. How is it the same or different from where you are from? Are there any misconceptions about where you are living and working that you would like to clear up?
- Have you found a great mentor? If so, what makes him/her great? Have you learned anything new about the industry?
- What are you learning about leadership from your internship experience?
- What is your most memorable food memory during your time abroad?
End of internship and final takeaways:
- What do you wish you knew at the beginning of your experience that you know now? What advice would you give to someone planning to do an internship in your host country, career field, or organization?
- Describe your favorite experience as an intern this summer. This could be a favorite project or presentation that you have completed for your internship, or an experience outside of work.
- How have you grown or how has your perspective changed over the course of the internship?
- How has this internship influenced your (near) future school, career, or life plans?