Please blog once a week during your internship and select a topic from one of the categories below (as appropriate for the timing of your internship).
If you are in multiple Hub programs, please combine prompts from each program for your weekly reflection.
Beginning of Your Internship
- Describe your internship and what drew you to this opportunity
- Describe opportunities and challenges that you foresee your internship presenting.
- Share 5 photos that capture a day in your shoes as an intern.
- Whoops! Talk about your first mess-up in your internship and how you resolved the issue
During Your Internship
- What has most surprised you about your internship?
- Have you found a great mentor? If so, what makes him/her great? Have you developed relationships with work peers or supervisors?
- What type of programs/initiatives does your company host to foster staff relationships?
- Describe your favorite project or presentation that you have completed for your internship
- What are you learning about leadership from your internship experience?
- Share a picture that defines your internship and provide a short description of the image.
- Share a story, thought, etc. from your internship.
- We all have many individual identities (personality, hobbies, etc.) and group identities (race/ethnicity, class, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, religious/political affiliations). Please reflect on a part of your identity that you are seeing or feeling in a different light.
- Describe an obstacle that you overcame during your internship.
- What have you learned about the city in which you are working? Would you like to return?
- Describe your favorite experience as an intern this summer.
- What do you wish you knew at the beginning of your experience that you know now?
End of your Internship
- How has your internship influenced your (near) future (school, career, or personal plans)?
- What advice would you give to a student planning to do an internship in your field/country/organization?
- When you finish your internship, take a moment to reflect on the impact of the experience.