Logging In and Setting Up Your Profile
- Click “Log In” on the blog’s top navigation menu
- Enter your UM uniqname and kerberos password
- Set up your Public Display Name to read First Name, Last Initial (ex. Ben A)
- You can find this setting in the profile field at the top of the page
- Now that you are all logged in and set up, it’s time to write your first blog post!
How To Create Your First Blog Post
- First, visit the “Blog Prompts” page on Canvas
- Once you’ve selected your first blog prompt topic, click “Posts” on the left navigation menu
- Click the “Add New” button at the very top of the page next to the page title “Posts”
- You will now be in the Add New Post window. This is where you will compose your blog post.
- Start by giving your blog post a title. We are asking students to give their blog a title and then to place the number of the blog post after it:
- Example: First Day on the Job | #1 (this would be your first blog of the required eight)
- The title does not have to (nor should) be the one that we use, but the blog number should correspond to the blog post number that you are answering in the series of the five required blog posts (#1, #2, #3, #4, and #5)
- When you are writing the text of the blog post, make sure to take advantage of all the formatting tools available
- Once you complete the text portion of your blog entry, add a featured image to your post
- While images are not required, they are encouraged!
- You can also add “Tags” to your post that highlight the (1) field of your internship and (2) location (City/Country). These tags help readers find blogs entries of interest when the visit the site.
- Finally before publishing, you will need to select a category. The category is the program (or programs) in which you are participating (You will select “ALA 225”)
Completing your Requirements and Assignments in Canvas
- To complete your Weekly Assignments in Canvas, please upload your blog post’s URL
- Quantity: 8 Blogs throughout the course of your internship
- Blogs Per Week: Limit 1 entry per week (unless approval is given)
Keep in Mind!
Remember, this is a public-facing blog, meaning that anyone can read what you write. Be sure to positively represent LSA and the University of Michigan! Check spelling and grammar, and keep the content professional and appropriate!