Blogging before, during, and after your flash internship is a key component of the experience. This will allow you an opportunity to think deeply about the experience and how it will impact you both now, and in the future. Please see directions below for getting started:
LOGGING IN AND SETTING UP YOUR PROFILE
- Navigate to: https://blog.opportunityhub.lsa.umich.edu/
- Click “Log In” on the blog’s top navigation menu
- Enter your uniqname and kerberos password
- Set up your Public Display Name to read First Name, Last Initial (ex. Tiffany P)
- You can find this setting in the profile field at the top of the page
- Now that you are all logged in and set up, it’s time to write your first blog post!
HOW TO CREATE YOUR FIRST BLOG POST
- Click “LSA Opportunity Hub Blog” on the top left
- Click “Posts” on the left navigation menu
- Click the “Add New” button at the very top of the page next to the page title “Posts”
- You will now be in the Add New Post window. This is where you will compose your blog post.
- Start by giving your blog post a title.
- When you are writing the text of the blog post, make sure to take advantage of all the formatting tools available
Before publishing, you will need to select a category. The category for your blog posts will Flash Internship.
You will also need to add a “Tag” to your post. The tag for your posts will either be FlashSEHospitality2018 or FlashNonprofits2018 (choose the one that’s appropriate for your flash internship).
If you would like to add pictures to your post, great! But remember no pictures of the companies visited are permitted on this blog or any other platform.
KEEP IN MIND!
Remember, this is a public-facing blog, meaning that anyone can read what you write. Be sure to ask permission before disclosing names of companies, alumni etc. You also want to make sure you are positively representing LSA! Check spelling and grammar, and keep the content professional and appropriate!